Get a Quote
Some of Our Top Carriers
The Basics of Medicare in Colorado
Getting your Medicare Supplement is as easy as typing in your name and other details and clicking on the “get quotes” button. We have expert advisors to help you understand each plans benefits and details.
When you reach the age of 65, you are eligible for Medicare coverage. Medicare coverage falls into four parts, each which offers a type of payment support and coverage.
If you are a Medicare recipient, you are covered for Parts A, B and D relating to hospital stays, some drug prescriptions payments, and medical appointments with your doctor. The services are not free; they are partly paid for, depending on how much you paid into Medicare during the years you worked, and what your income is currently. There may be extra costs in the form of co-pays or higher premiums.
Medicare Part A – Hospital Insurance
- Helps cover inpatient care in hospitals
- Helps cover skilled nursing facility, hospice, and home health care
- Provides partial coverage of Medicare approved cost
Medicare Part B – Medical Insurance
- Helps cover doctors’ services, hospital outpatient care, and home health care
- Helps cover some preventive services to help maintain health and keep certain illnesses from getting worse
- Helps cover some of the durable medical equipment costs
- Typically covers 80% of the Medicare approved cost
Medicare Part C – Medicare Advantage
- Health plans run by private, Medicare-approved insurance companies
- Include Part A and Part B (above)
- May contain other coverage like Part D prescription drug coverage costs
Medicare Part D – Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- A prescription drug option run by Medicare-approved private insurance companies
- Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs
- May help lower your prescription drug costs and help protect against higher costs in the future
- You need Part A and Part B coverage to enroll in Part D
Click and Compare
When you’re ready to compare plans and providers, we can help. Just enter your zip code for a free online quote. If you prefer to talk in person, give us a call at 1-877-986-6908. We’re happy to provide you with information, and ready to connect you with the information you need to find the right insurance plan for your budget and your needs.